WHICH OF OUR WHEY PROTEIN PRODUCTS IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
To achieve outcomes that are aligned with your goals and training regime, you need to choose your protein carefully. To cater for different needs, MAX’S has developed a range of protein supplements to support you in achieving optimum results regardless of your objectives
- 100% Whey Protein - Designed for serious trainers, pure whey protein is high in fast-absorbing whey protein isolate and a great choice for building lean muscle.
- Shred System - Our lean gainer whey protein contains 24g of quality protein per serving to help build lean and shredded muscles. It has a powerful Thermogenic Complex - a potent combination of carb-blocking and fat-burning nutrients - to help minimise fat gain while optimising muscle building.
- Super Whey - Formulated for optimum muscle recovery and lean muscle growth. If you are looking to build size and strength, this is a great choice.
- Whey Isolates - premium whey isolate formula that is low in fat and carbohydrates for better lean muscle building.
- Super Shred - contains fat-burning thermogenic nutrients for leaner, more ripped, and shredded muscles.
A QUICK GUIDE TO WHEY PROTEIN
Whey protein is a popular dietary supplement that comes from milk during the cheese-making process. It is known for its high-quality protein content and is widely used by athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and individuals looking to support their protein intake. There are two common types of whey protein: Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) and Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC).
WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE
When it comes to protein powder, whey isolate is the purest and fastest-acting type of whey – which also makes it the most expensive. We recommend WPI in scenarios where fast digestion and absorption is needed such as post-workout for faster recovery and muscle replenishment.
Isolate whey protein powder is a more refined form of whey protein with a higher protein content than WPC. It typically contains 90% or more protein per serving, making it a highly concentrated source of protein.
During the filtration process, WPI removes most of the lactose and fat, making it a suitable option for lactose-intolerant individuals or those looking to reduce their fat intake. WPI is rapidly absorbed by the body, making it an excellent choice for post-workout consumption when muscles need quick nourishment for recovery and growth. WPI has a higher protein-to-weight ratio and is generally purer compared to WPC, which can be beneficial for those seeking a protein supplement with minimal additives.
WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE
WPC contains a lower protein concentration compared to WPI. It typically contains around 80% protein per serving, with the remaining content comprising lactose, fats, and some carbohydrates. WPC retains more of the beneficial nutrients found in whey, such as immune-boosting compounds like immunoglobulins and lactoferrin.
Because it is less expensive to produce and higher in protein than WPI, WPC is often more cost-effective while still providing a good balance of protein and nutrients. WPC is also absorbed slightly slower than WPI and can be used throughout the day to maintain a steady supply of amino acids for muscle repair and growth.
Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) boasts an impressive array of amino acids, ideal for promoting muscle building and repair. With its moderate digestion rate, WPC is a versatile protein source that can be enjoyed at any time throughout the day. It complements various foods when incorporated into a well-balanced diet, enhancing their protein content. You'll often find WPC featured in popular items like protein bars, protein shakes and supplements.
THE BENEFITS OF WHEY PROTEIN POWDER
Whey protein powder offers a wide range of benefits, making it one of the most popular and effective dietary supplements for people pursuing fitness goals, athletes, and individuals with specific nutritional needs. Here are some of the key benefits of whey protein powder:
- High-Quality Protein Source: Whey protein is a complete protein, meaning it contains all nine essential amino acids that the body cannot produce on its own. These amino acids are crucial for muscle repair, growth, and overall health.
- Muscle Growth and Recovery: The rich amino acid profile in whey protein supports muscle protein synthesis, which is essential for muscle growth and recovery. Consuming whey protein after exercise helps repair muscle tissues and reduce muscle soreness.
- Weight Management: Whey protein can aid in weight management due to its high satiety value. It helps you feel fuller for longer, reducing the chances of overeating and promoting weight loss or weight maintenance goals.
- Enhanced Exercise Performance: Some studies suggest that whey protein consumption can improve exercise performance, especially when combined with resistance training. It may help increase strength, power, and endurance.
- Immune System Support: Whey protein contains immunoglobulins and lactoferrin, which are known to support the immune system and help the body defend against infections.
Easy Digestion and Absorption: Whey protein is rapidly digested and absorbed by the body, leading to a quick delivery of amino acids to the muscles. This makes it an ideal post-workout protein source to promote recovery.
- Low in Lactose (WPI): Whey protein isolate (WPI) is particularly low in lactose, making it suitable for those with a lactose intolerance.
- Versatility: Whey protein powder is versatile and can be easily incorporated into various recipes, including smoothies, protein bars, pancakes, and more.
- Support for Aging and Health Conditions: Protein intake becomes increasingly important as we age, as it helps preserve muscle mass and overall health. Whey protein can also be beneficial for certain medical conditions, under the guidance of healthcare professionals.
PROTEIN POWDER WITH MAX’S
Whether you want to build lean muscle, lose weight, or bulk up fast, our premium protein supplements will help you achieve your goal. Proudly Australian-owned and made, we’re committed to helping Australian athletes reach their fitness goals with incredible tasting, tried, tested and trusted products.
At MAX’S, we believe great nutrition doesn’t have to taste boring! We pride ourselves on offering Australia’s best-tasting whey proteins, with loads of awesome flavours, high-quality ingredients and tried and tested formulas that get results – and taste incredible.
MADE IN AUSTRALIA
MAX’S is 100% Aussie owned and made. Starting out as the brainchild of Australian Bodybuilding champ Keith Ellis and sports scientist and nutritionist Paul Kirtkham, MAX’S has grown over the last three decades to become Australia’s favourite protein brand, trusted by everyone from powerlifting athletes to fitness enthusiasts.
BACKED BY SCIENCE
Our products are all based on the latest global research and infused with the most up-to-date sports science. Every ingredient is meticulously chosen for quality and effectiveness and each product is formulated to generate real results.
PREMIUM QUALITY PROTEIN TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
All of our protein supplements are proudly made in Australia, with our proteins sourced from grass-fed cows. We develop our products with our own team of food technologists and biochemists. Our manufacturing facility and processes comply with the Australian Food Standards and accreditations, including Dairy Manufacturing Licensed, Food Export Accredited, HACCP, GMP, and ISO22000.
Want to know more about protein supplements? Read our ultimate guide to the best protein powders.