MAX’S Anabolic Night is Australia best-selling night protein. It provides up to 8 hours of continuous protein release to keep you recovering and growing all night. Up to 60% of new muscle growth occurs while you sleep – if you give your body the right nutrients. Don’t waste your hard hours in the gym with poor night time nutrition - Use Anabolic Night and wake up bigger!
During sleep your nerves, muscles, bones, and immune system all recover from the stresses of daily life and undergo repair, restoration and growth (in a process called anabolism - the metabolic activities that build new cells). This restoration process occurs at specific times during your sleep cycle. When you sleep you go through 5 sleep stages:
- Stage 1: The lightest stage occurs as you start falling asleep and lasts about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Stage 2: Still light sleep lasting about 30 minutes but transitions you towards a deeper sleep.
- Stages 3 – 4: During these stages you move into deep sleep or slow wave sleep lasting between 10 and 30 minutes where brain activity decreases and your body begins restoring itself mentally and physically.
- Stage 5: REM or Rapid Eye Movement Sleep, where you brain becomes more active and you dream. REM sleep can last from 5 minutes anywhere up to an hour and your body and mind continue to replenish their reserves through this stage.
During a night’s sleep your body will cycle through stages 3, 4 and 5 several times, and it is these stages where you are properly rested and most muscle growth occurs. The quality of sleep during these stages has a direct impact on the amount of muscle you will build. More good quality stage 3, 4 and 5 sleep means greater muscle gains, but only if you have a ready supply of protein in your system.
To maximize your growth potential you need a steady supply of amino acids and small peptides all night that your body can use to repair and build your muscles. This can only come from proteins that are slow releasing like red meat or chicken because fast releasing proteins (like WPI) only stay in your system for a few hours. But there is a catch. You can’t eat a big meal that’s hard to digest before bed because it will disrupt your stage 3 & 4 sleep cycles and inhibit muscle growth.
That’s why MAX’S Anabolic Night is ideal because it contains medium and slow release proteins that won’t overload your system or disrupt sleep. MAX’S Anabolic Night is formulated to promote peaceful sleep right through the Stage 3, 4 & 5 sleep cycles so you recover fully and grow as much muscle as possible. Our Sustained Release Protein Blend contains:
- Micellar Casein is an ultra slow digesting and absorbing, anti-catabolic protein that inhibits muscle breakdown after hard training and stimulates muscle growth. This unique new form of Casein is refined to keep the milk peptide molecules intact, producing an un-denatured, highly bioactive protein to stimulate growth and improve health. Clinical trials show Micellar Casein can sustain elevated blood peptides and amino acids levels for up to 8 hour to maximize growth while you sleep.
- Calcium Caseinate is a slow digesting and absorbing protein that is ideal for night use and for trainers with a faster metabolism. During digestion it releases bioactive peptides to enhance anabolic growth and improve your metabolism.
- Whey Protein Concentrate is a medium digesting and absorption protein with a superior muscle building amino acid profile and contains high levels of immune and health enhancing protein fractions including Lactoglobulin, Lactoalbumin, Glycomacropeptides, Bovine Serum Albumin, Immunoglobulins, Lactoferrin, Lactoperoxidase, and the Growth Factors IGF-1, IGF-2 & TGF.
Growth hormone (GH), also known as somatotropin, is a peptide hormone produced by the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland in your brain. It's secretion is regulated by daily cycles that are controlled by your hypothalamus (another area of your brain). GH binds to specific receptors on target tissues including muscle, connective tissue (tendons, ligaments, bone, and fat), as well as every major organ. Among it's many benefits, GH directly and indirectly stimulates protein synthesis to effectively accelerate recovery and muscle growth.
MAX'S Anabolic Night includes specific nutrients to increase hypothalamus activity and up-regulate GH production:
- Glutamine - Oral intake of Glutamine (2,000 + mg) has been shown in multiple studies to increase plasma GH levels. This increase is optimized during sleep. Glutamine helps preserve lean muscle mass and prevent catabolic breakdown after hard weight training which makes it doubly beneficial.
- Arginine - Like Glutamine, oral intake of the amino acid Arginine increases the release of GH at rest. The combination of Arginine intake with exercise produces even greater increases in GH levels. Arginine also has the added benefit of increasing Nitric Oxide production, which is a powerful vasodilator that helps increase blood flow and decrease blood pressure.
- Ornithine - Multiple studies have demonstrated a synergistic effect by combining Arginine and Ornithine for GH release when used in conjunction with resistance training. Data indicated that oral doses as small as 1 gram of Ornithine and Arginine were effective in enhancing strength and lean tissue mass.
- Lysine - Like Ornithine, Lysine also has a synergistic effect when combined with Arginine. This combination has been shown to increase GH levels at rest, but not during exercise, making it a good option for taking before sleep to increase GH levels.
Two natural herbs, Skullcap and Chamomile, are also included in MAX'S Anabolic Night for their calming and relaxing properties to help you sleep well and maximize your anabolic sleep cycles:
- Skullcap is a flowering perennial plants from the mint family. The range of health benefits attributed to skullcap are due to naturally occurring phenolic compounds and flavones. Among Skullcaps many properties is it's ability to reduce anxiety and promote calmness making it an ideal herb for promoting sound sleep.
- Chamomile is one of the most ancient medicinal herbs known to mankind. The dried flowers of chamomile contain many terpenoids and flavonoids contributing to its medicinal properties. Traditionally, Chamomile preparations such as tea have been used to treat insomnia and to induce sedation (calming effects). Chamomile demonstrates a natural sleep-inducing effect which is thought to be due to the flavonoid, apigenin that binds to benzodiazepine receptors in your brain that help promote relaxation and sleep.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Hands down its the best protein I ever had.
It tastes delicious!! Will definitely order again.
Always buy from MAX'S Protein. Top quality, fast delivery and great Aussie brand!
Quick postage, taste great and looking forward to seeing results
MAX'S Anabolic Slow Release Protein Blend
Micro Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate (Micellar Casein), Calcium Caseinate,
MAX'S GH Complex
L-Arginine, L-Ornithine, L-Glutamine, L-Lysine.
Herbal Sleep Enhancers
Vitamin & Mineral Complex
Minerals (Potassium Citrate, Tri Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Ferrous Fumarate, Zinc Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite, Chromium Chloride). Vitamins (Vitamin C, Nicotinamide, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3, Biotin, Vitamin B12).
Serving Size: 30g (1 Scoop)
Servings per container: 60 (4lb) & 33 (2.2lb)
|Nutrition||Per Serve in Water||Per 100g|
|Energy||480kJ (114 Cal)||1610kJ (384 Cal)|
|Fat - Total||0.8g||2.7g|
|Fat - Saturated||0.3g||1.1g|
|Carbohydrates - Total||2.1g||7.1g|
|Carbohydrates - Sugars||0.8g||2.8g|
How To Take Anabolic Night
Take 1 serve about 30 minutes before bed.
For a fat stripping program add 1 scoop to a blender or shaker with 200 - 250 ml of water and mix for 20 - 30 seconds until completely dispersed. For a maintenance program add 1 scoop in 250ml of low fat milk. For a mass building program add 1 – 2 scoops in 500ml of whole milk.
Who Should Take Anabolic Night
MAX’S Anabolic Night is suitable for all levels of trainers and is ideal for trainers and athletes who want to maximise recovery and muscle growth during sleep. It can be used on a fat shredding, mass building or muscle maintenance program.
|When To Use|
|All Day Use|